| Other Stuff
- Previous Owners: Peter & Hazel Blake
- Mileage: 28,470 Miles
- History: When Peter Blake bought the FC in 2011 he researched the car as best he
could and came up with the following.
- Built April - May 1959. 46th off the line at Woodville SA. Original vehicle
58000 miles (see spare speedo changed by Christopher Ireland).
- Car originally Seagull Grey then white now India Ivory (code 7770) over
flame red (code 2042).
- Car came from Gladstone in dry country near Pt Pirie SA. - found in a shed
after ownership by an old lady. Brought to Adelaide by a worker at BORAL
RESOURCES at Plympton SA.
- Bought by Christopher Ireland who did a clean up of engine and gearbox and
restoration on a very sound car - painted the car Flame Red & India Ivory.
- He sold the car to David Bateson dealer principal of Busselton Mitsubishi WA) on 27-9-2007 with SA rego
- Car was transported to Busselton with a final going-over of what in fact
was a very good car.
The car remained in the workshop at the dealership until put onto the
showroom floor during expansion renovations when sighted by Hazel and
Peter and purchased.
- The car was unknown to any of the veteran car community as far as I know.
- VIN FC-225-13106, the 13106th car manufactured in Adelaide
- CHASSIS No. FC 12046A the 11046th FC assembled in Adelaide.
- ENGINE No. L562653 manufactured May 1959 in Adelaide.
- 2011 "On body" car repaint by Peter Blake, all new rubbers except both
windscreens, new windlace (from USA with original GM silver fleck), new
bailey channels, reconditioned and rebuilt door cards (and arm rests) and
kick panels, new carpet throughout.
- Safety upgrades of FB/EK electric
wipers, seat belts and brake booster added by Russell Chinnery 2018.
Headlight upgrade (with relays and bulbs) by Rod's Auto Electrics in
Rear suspension re-rubbered by Peter Blake 2019.
Upholstery reconditioned by Ken Golding in Bunbury WA.
Engine rebuilt including hardened valves and seats for unleaded petrol by
Russell Chinnery in Busselton WA in 2012.
Annual roadworthy examinations till 2018 until no longer required by
Veteran Car Club WA.
- Sold to Russell Williams and the car left for SA 3 Sept 2021.
- I am now a part of the story and custodian of it's history.