FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:29:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stud pattern match  (Read 15181 times)
HARKO
« on: April 04, 2003, 09:34:01 AM »

Early Holden stud pattern measurements is what Im chasing ie 1x130 or whatever it is does anyone know ? and also I know Volvo rims suit but volvo changed their PCD somewhere in production can anyone tell me what year volvos fit .

I think a good starting point would be to find a stud pattern chart , There has to be one somewhere in this computer ,Ill have a search. Wink Cheesy
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 09:53:25 AM »

I have found a reference chart as such http://www.trojan.co.nz/sp_calcpcd.htm
and heres a link to Technical wheel Information that I found pretty interesting..
www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.htm
And by the way the early Holden Pitch Circle Diametre is 4 1/4 inch for those interested
« Last Edit: April 04, 2003, 10:23:56 AM by HARKO » Logged
Revhead_Fc
nsw-club

Model: FC

just put a chev in it

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 07:09:16 AM »

Harko

Early model holdens stud pattern is a 5x108 the same as a Volvo. And HQ onwards are 5x120 the same as Commodore, Chev, and some other European Crap

Hope this helps
Ben
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 09:28:46 AM »

the older skinnier rims from the volvo 160 and 164 seem to apear on toranas alot

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 09:34:01 AM »

Be wary, Commodore stud pattern is not exactly the same as HQ/WB.  Don't make the mistake of putting a Commodore wheel on a HQ/WB wheel - it wont come off.
I have only been at Hoppers Stopppers for 6 months now and already we have removed 3 Commodore wheels from HQ/WB's.
You get them off by heating them up in the centre and belting the tyre with a rubber mallet.

Ken
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 11:45:14 AM »

I think all pre 1976 Volvos fit

1959 Black Std sedan
HARKO
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 09:33:16 AM »

I Guess theres no nice looking pre 76 volvo rims out there or we would see them on LJs huh.
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 11:06:56 AM »

Harko
There was quite an attractive white 5 spoke Volvo Mag that fitted early Holdens, I'm not sure how they would look on an FC but they looked ok on HK Holdens. They came in 6 x 14. 7 x14 and 7 x 15 sizes. they were fitted to GLX (I think) Volvo's.
Cheers
Jock

Cars are my life not just my work
Steve Clayton
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 08:22:20 AM »

One thing I have noticed, is that the centre of the brake hub is bigger/smaller. That is why the bl@@dy things stick on. (Short term memory loss. Commode is smaller from memory)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 09:32:42 AM »

Commodore pcd is 120 mm, HQ to WB is 4 3/4 inches.  The wheels will fit on the studs but flex them over ever so slightly when you tighten them up.  Not so much that you would even notice until the stress caused by this breaks the stud off and you potentially lose the wheel at 100 kph.
This is NOT the time to work out that you shouldn't have put those Commodore wheels on the old HQ.
This is why at Hoppers Stoppers we make and supply 2 different hubs for the brake upgrade kits for HQ to WB.  One is if you want to run HQ wheels, the other if you want to run Commodore wheels.

Ken
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 08:29:49 AM »

Ken
     After typing with Harko & Ret, I am concerned about the wheels & choice of Diff that I have. I am hoping that you could clear a few things up. In this thread & in the other thread (this is my frist fc) the descusion has turned to stud patterns. HQ 120.65mm  Commodore 120mm. I understand this much. Now I have a VN Commodore Disc Brake Rear End, With HQ Front Disc's that have had Commodore Studs fitted (only for the thread to match the rear wheel nuts) with HQ Calipers. My Wheels Are 14 x 7 HQ Mags With 215 x 65 x 14 Tyres. I am wondering if I should take my Rear Axle's out and have them redrilled to 120.65mm. With saying all this I would never have picked this problem, as my wheels have been on and off severail time. But the Car is not on the road and this has only been done for fitting porposes. So is it dont put Commodore wheels on HQ. Or HQ wheels on Commodore, or both.

Regards
Mark

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: