FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 17, 2024, 08:25:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SA Police Vehicles  (Read 4446 times)
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2009, 01:26:28 PM »

Scanned from a poor quality image.  I suspect from the readable number plates that the photo may have been taken towards the end of 1958

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 01:53:06 PM »

A number of years ago there was a display of old photos in Adelaide Arcade - lo and behold one of the photos was of a black FE Police car with a massive siren attached to it. I've searched the internet ever since and haven't been able to locate it - I even sent an e-mail to the SA Police Historical Society as they don't even have it on their web-page (no luck though). It's probably locked away in archives somewhere!  Smiley

NosFEratu
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 01:58:17 AM »

Kathy,  I joined St John Ambulance in 1964 as a volunteer - we had EJs and EHs - and then rejoined after National Service in 1968 (HRs).  They all had thumping great chrome sirens bolted to the roof, operated by a 2nd dip-switch on the trans tunnel. To get the siren to wail, the driver had to operate the dip-switch: on-off-on-off-on-off.  That was OK until you hit the wrong dip-switch under the canopy at the Royal Adelaide Hospital - scared the daylights out of everybody   Grin

I think the cops had similar sirens.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: