FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:26:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My orginal FC 50 this month  (Read 13840 times)
openroad

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »

Hello everyone. I'm a new user of this site. Just found it yesterday. Where have I been?
I own an unrestored FC Special Sedan and thought I would use this site to show the car to people as it has just been sitting in the garage and not being used lately. Possibly looking at selling as I just dont get involved in any club activities these days. It's like stepping back in time when I driver her. I have owned the car since 1995 and it has won several trophies.
Anyway here is a link where you can view some shots. http://www.flickr.com/photos/13051054@N04/?saved=1[/color
47,900 original miles
Has only done 800 miles in the last 5 years.
Colours: Abobe Biege and Olinda Green
She has orange blinker lights and a non-oil bath air filter which were factory standard by Sept 59.
First delivered to Ms Jessie Hodge in Ardlethan on 15th September 1959 (50th birthday coming up very soon!)

Cheers,

Kevin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:50:09 PM by openroad » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »

Not a flickr user, not sure if this will work:

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 04:38:43 PM »

Nice looking car Kevin, would you be able to post vehicle ID details such as body plate, chassis number and engine number?  Looks like a really clean car.

Ken
openroad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 10:29:47 PM »

No problem Ken. The body number is FC225-35220-S
Chassis No. FC60202S
Engine No. L613581

It was sold as a new car by Jack Payne Motors in Ardlethan back in '59

Kevin
Stubzy.69

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »

Hi openroad interested in purchasing fc in good condition and i like the colour if, interested please contact me stubzy.69@bigpond.com.au
Cheers Stubzy
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »

Kevin,

I was talking to a lady today who married 2 brothers from Ardlethan (one after the other that is).  She tells me the Hodge's were a well known family in Ardlethan and she was given a wedding present (at her first wedding) by Jessie Hodge who was the first owner of your FC.  She didn't know Jessie particularly well as she was from out of town.  Her current husband (brother no. 2) will have more details and I will catch up with him in the next few weeks to see what he can tell me about this lady.  I'll let you know if I find out anything more about Jessie.

Cheers
David

ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:30:39 PM »

More on the original owner of this car.  Here are the details of the death notice of Jessie Hodge:

HODGE Jessie Margaret Lucy
Date of Death 20MAR1981
Age at Death 82 
late of Sydney, formerly of Ardlethan
Sydney Morning Herald 23MAR1981

So if she died aged 82 in 1981, she was about 60 in September 1959 when she bought this car new.

I'll let you know more when I have spoken to the old guy who knew her.

Chers
David

openroad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »

David,

I have just read your 2 posts from last October relating to the original owner of my FC sedan. Obviously it has been many months since I last logged on here. Thank you so much for your research, it helps paint a more vivid picture of my lovely car back in her heyday. When I first purchased the car, I did some research of my own on its history and tracked down Jessie's daughter who remembered the car very well. Jessie kept the FC until 1975 (herself then aged 76), whereupon it was sold, having travelled only 6,000 original miles and barely run in.

Thanks,

Kevin
openroad

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 02:28:16 PM »

http://blip.tv/file/3534123
lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 08:08:48 PM »

Hey Openroad,
just watched your video clip, and it was fantastic. Great seeing all those FE's and FC's together. That's what it must have been like 50 years ago. Its great.

Cheers
Janette
openroad

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »

Hi Everyone. My first time back at this forum in a long time. I have finally decided to put the car up for sale. Will post some additional pics on the Cars For Sale thread later today if I can.
Mileage 48,442
Regular trophy winner when it was displayed 10+ years ago
Garaged and seldomly driven since I purchased her in 1995 (7,000 miles ago).
Full history available.
Club plate rego has just expired.
Need garage space.

Looking for offers around $20k.

Regards,

Kevin Fairburn
Baukham Hills (Sydney)
0414 321 760
bvt617@yahoo.com.au

From September 2009
Hello everyone. I'm a new user of this site. Just found it yesterday. Where have I been?
I own an unrestored FC Special Sedan and thought I would use this site to show the car to people as it has just been sitting in the garage and not being used lately. Possibly looking at selling as I just dont get involved in any club activities these days. It's like stepping back in time when I driver her. I have owned the car since 1995 and it has won several trophies.
Anyway here is a link where you can view some shots. http://www.flickr.com/photos/13051054@N04/?saved=1[/color
47,900 original miles
Has only done 800 miles in the last 5 years.
Colours: Abobe Biege and Olinda Green
She has orange blinker lights and a non-oil bath air filter which were factory standard by Sept 59.
First delivered to Ms Jessie Hodge in Ardlethan on 15th September 1959 (50th birthday coming up very soon!)

Cheers,

Kevin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: