FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 10:45:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: stencil under bonnet  (Read 4548 times)
panelman

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2006, 06:57:27 AM »

Grin yeh giday, i,m hoping that someone can help me work out what the stencil under the bonnet of my fc panelvan reads. this is what i think some of it is.              W.H.LOBER & CO PTY LTD.   HOLDEN DISTRIBUTOR.    SERVICE DIVISIONS.  80-10 P-M-HRRUNE STREET.  1-3 KIGRAROA .   WOO---  NOO---.    E1--3231---1211.. i know a lot of it dos,nt make sense, but i,m hoping some of you  might know what it is. cheers panelman
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:47:25 AM »

Hi Panelman.

How about a hint, like what State you're in and the numbers off the car. Where was it delivered, etc.,

Lobers headquarters were 145-149 William St Sydney and it looks like the service department was in Woolloomooloo.  Can't decipher the rest.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:13:20 AM »

Hi Panelman,

Further to my previous post here is a photo of Lober's Service Department, 80/104 Mc Elhone St Woolloomooloo. It even has an FC outside Wink

The other numbers look to be phone numbers. I think one is FL 1231.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 11:52:04 AM »

Cool pic.
Well, the number on the door matches what might be part of the stencil.
Here is all you need to know about Lobers.

Should be all you need to fill in the blanks.
Regards
Alex

panelman

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 11:40:10 PM »

FANTASTIC,YOU GUYS HAVE MADE MY DAY. I,LL NOW GET A STENCIL MADE. Grin. CHEERS, PANELMAN. AND THANKS AGAIN.
Roy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 08:09:27 AM »

Hello Panelman,
I had my bonnet resprayed underneath to make it look noice and in the process lost the original stencil from the dealer.

It didn't take long to remake it, just carry a good camera around with you when you go to wreckers, swap meets and car shows etc. When you see these stencils under the bonnets of cars take a good clear picture then enlarge it to the size you want on a photocopier. Then cut out the lettering etc with a scalpal (from hobby shops, arts and crafts suppliers) tape it under your bonnet and spray away.

A good hint for authenticity is that all these stencils were not sprayed perfect, like your's. So, the quicker the job the better and it should look like it has been there for 50 years or so!
panelman

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 07:44:25 PM »

great thinking roy, though we don,t see many of these in kiwiland. cheers panelman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: