FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:40:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Manifold - Carby Insulating Blocks  (Read 2856 times)
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2006, 02:23:17 AM »

Hi All (again),

Seem to be asking alot of questions of late.

I have a twin carby manifold. Do you need to use the bakelite insulating block with these manifolds like singles. If so the studs would not allow me to put the carby's on as they are way to short.

Cheers

Rod
HYSTERIA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 04:00:40 AM »

Hi Rod,

I have this set up on my car and did not use the spacers due to the fact that the manifold was polished and it looked a bit funny. Mine seams to run fine without them.

cheers
Jason

EK 215 - Who needs all that chrome
EJ_Dave

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 04:48:00 AM »

Rod,

if you're running extractors the inlet manifold won't get as warm as the original with the standard exhaust manifold bolted to it and you shouldn't need the insulators.

You may need to modify the accelerator linkage a bit though because the carby will sit slightly lower. On my car (EJ) this caused part of the linkage to hit the extractors before I'd reached full throttle. All I needed to do was shorten the vertical link bit and it was sorted.

Cheers,

Dave
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 07:06:59 AM »

I've just finished reading a book on small block chevys and ways to improve their performance.

One point was to put in / increase size of carby spacer to increase HP.

My question then is, what is the main purpose of the "insulating" block. Was it put on a standard manifold to assist flow hence some small gains in HP?

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: