FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:21:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: She runs, she runs....!  (Read 6362 times)
SpeciFEcation

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2005, 06:08:36 AM »

Well today marked a small milestone for me as I managed to get the old girl started and running quite well it seems.

I had to replace a few pushrods and fix a few seized exhaust valves. Water pump leaks like a sieve (not unexpected) , have got oil pressure, fuel pump works, generator charges the $30 battery I got from Repco (gotta love specials...). Radiator core shows evidence of leakage by way of corrosion as opposed to brown/rusty water runs which I believe would be evidence of it leaking whilst the engine was running.  

Next are the brakes and clutch hydraulics. That way at least we can move her about under her own power.

True for this Holden - Holes, Oil Leaks, Dents and Engine Noises (an oldie but a goodie), I have a lot of work to go.

As a newbie here, here's a little detail on her. We'll call her 'Martha'.

'She' is a one owner, May, 1957 FE Special sedan with a Granite Grey over Sky Grey finish with a matching (yep, you guessed it) grey interior (oh, and I am somewhat surprised, a grey motor too  Roll Eyes ). She is complete.

She hasn't been touched for 15 years and before that she sat for about another 5 years (at a guess) untouched in a car port after the original owner decided her eyesight was not good enough to keep driving. Last registered in 1985 according to the registration sticker (assuming the stickers were kept up to date of course). Original plates are on her daughter's car.

Contrary to what the original over says, there is evidence of accident repair and re-painting down one side. Not too much bog - but enough. It seems to be caused by a scrape of some form as opposed to a side impact. It's not clear as I haven't pulled it down to that level yet.

The floor is shot. Rust in the spare tyre well (can these be sourced as a rust repair section??) Doors appear fine apart from perhaps the front drivers door that I have not looked at the repair closely enough yet.

OK, not just a little detail - just wanted to tell someone who cares......

SpeciFEcation.

EDIT: Just found this link on this forum.... Look familiar?

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=otherimg;action=display;num=1091667126
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 06:19:27 AM by speciFEcation » Logged
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 06:29:23 AM »

g'day speciFEcation,
                                look's like you were doing what was doing today.we also have simaler car's too,mine
is a 56 though.
P.S top scrore by the way. Wink
                                            cheer's col. Wink
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 07:13:25 AM by dawry351 » Logged
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 06:37:45 AM »

Congratulations speciFEcation...!

Job well done...!
Love your "other" webpage too BTW Wink
http://feholden.spamaddress.com/

Keep up the good work, and keep those updates coming...!!

Cheers
Les...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 06:38:51 AM by Hewart » Logged

SpeciFEcation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 07:33:59 AM »

Thanks guys.
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 11:34:52 PM »

Can you let me know the trim and paint numbers of your car- looks exactly like mine (unfortunately my car's trim plate is not stamped with anything apart from a part no. for an FE Business Sedan body- a major repair having occured sometime in the past seems to be the consensus of oppinion).
Thanks,
R.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
SpeciFEcation

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 08:20:47 PM »

Now, it's she moves she moves.

I've just done all the clutch hydraulics and all works well in that department.

I even drove her on to the back lawn and 'bagged it up' - lovely straight line marks about 1 foot long.

Now the wife is not happy - was that wrong???

Next post will be now she stops, she stops.....
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 02:06:02 AM »

Grin That's always good to hear another one's running.Like you I also have a fair bit to do on my ( Wifes )FE Wagon.I got it running a week or two ago. Congrats and good luck with it .

Cheers Rusty_Y
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 08:11:02 PM »

Congrats on getting another FE back from the dead great to hear. Can we have some more pics interior and exterior.
Cheers,
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: