FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re: FE found in backyard  (Read 11349 times)
shane_r

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2004, 10:52:06 PM »

I have located an FE in sitting in a backyard since 1985. The car obviouly needs some body work, but the interior is absolutely spotless. An old lady owns it and parked the car there as she had trouble driving it due to age. The car is complete and original, she is the original owner. And No, she will not put the car on the market, even though the rest of her family encourage her to, as the car wasteing away in its present state. She was kind enough to let me take photo's so i thought you's would appreciate them being posted in this forum.

The only problem is, I don't no how to put them on and am wodering if i can email the pics to somone so they can then put them on.

Shane...
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 01:21:09 AM »

Email them to markh@mccays.com.au and I'll have a go at posting them.

Cheers

Mark
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 05:31:41 AM »

Here are the pics of Shaynes recent find.....sorry if the pics are a bit too big....still fairly new at this picture posting caper !

Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 05:36:39 AM »

Mark the link you have used directs to your c: drive.  This may show the pictures on your PC but won't work for anyone else (otherwise we could see what other goodies you have on there Wink)

You need to post the pictures onto photobucket or another web site and link to them there.

Hope the Riley is running well.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 05:49:25 AM »

Bugger...and I thought I was doing so well.........sorry Shayne....looks like I can't help you after all.....apologies !

Maybe someone else can help shayne out, as the pics are pretty good, and has one of the best horn buttons I've seen !

Thanks Mike.....the Riley is coming along nicely.....plenty of fuel leaks and the odd oil leak....weight gaining.....now 13 pounds 11 oz and 60 cm tall....not bad for only 6 weeks old !

Cheers

Mark
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 05:56:56 AM »

Mark,

Beware the sludge in the sump!

Which brings to mind the question:

Why do they smack babies on the bum when they're born?

There are two answers to this, depending on whether you're male or female:

The male version is:

'Cos it knocks the willies off the dumb ones.

The female version is:

'Cos it knocks the willies off the bright ones.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 05:59:58 AM by lewis1411 » Logged

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 08:40:52 AM »

Shaynes e-mail you pics to  ddaam@bigpond.com & i will post them for you

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 06:05:21 AM »

Sorry everybody but I forgot all about posting the photo's Shane sent me. My mind has been else where of late. Well with out any more delays here they are.

Not a real bad looking old girl at that

Enjoy
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 07:50:19 AM »

shane    it really does look quite restorable   isnt a shame she wont part with it & let it go on to better things
 cheers  trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
shane_r

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2004, 02:48:18 AM »

Thanks Sarge!

Yeh it is a little dissapointing as the car will only get worst. It would be a great restorer as to car has not been touched in any way, she parked the car there in the mid 80's. The interior does not have a mark on it. The old grey is still under the bonnet, with a Nasco oil filter. Not to much effort would be needed to get the old girl going. With the lady not prepared to sell it, at least it won't disapear in the near future, although i am certainly not in the position to buy another car, but gee i would love this one!
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2004, 03:03:00 AM »

Shayne.....as I'm sure Trev can atest to.......my advice would be keep in touch with this old lady, and be her new best friend...

This is how it will work.

You:  Nice car, is it for sale ?
Her:  No it's not, and who are you anyway?

You:  I am an FE Holden enthusiast, and I really love your car...
Her:  Hmmm...he loves my car hey....he's a nice lad, but I still don't want to sell.

You:  I understand your attachment to this great car, so would you mind me taking some photos ?
Her:  Hmmm, he must really love my car....and he respects me...of course you can young man.

You:  Thanks so much for letting me take the photos...you really do have a nice car, I hope it doesn;t rust too much more, it would be a shame to lose the car to rust.
Her:  Hmmm, he may have a point here, I'd hate the car to rust away and lose the memories I have in it...

---Many weeks later after a few more trips for that "Special Photo" ---

Her:  You know...you might be right...it would be a shame to have my memories rust away....would you give it a good home and look after it for me ?
You:  Of course I would...I'd be honoured.....you can visit when ever you like to see the old girl ( and the new supercharged Chev V8, Top loader and 9 inch that I squeezed into it!

DONE DEAL !

Sorry..just having fun here...but I've seen it done.   I got my donor car by offering the previous owner the chance to come and visit when ever he likes.   I know he'll never turn up, and if he does, his old FC will still be looking just the way it was when I picked it up.

If you're patient enough....she may come around one day, and you'll be at the top of the line to take ownership, or at least be able to offer it to another GENUINE FE ENTHUSIAST.

Have a good weekend...and get that camera clicking some more....surely there's that "Special Part" you need a nother pic of !

CHeers

mark
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2004, 03:52:41 AM »

Does anyone have an idea how much this FE would be worth in its present  condition. :-/
                             Thanks BRAD.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
SpeciFEcation

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 06:23:17 AM »

This vehicle has been 'saved' (for want of a better term).

I have been in contact with the owner and familiy for 3 years so all the earlier predictions and commentary are largely correct.

Ya just gotta love grey.

SpeciFEcation
kalfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 10:03:38 PM »

gee i was getting a little scared then i saw my ute on there i thought it was in the panel beaters heheheheheh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: