FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:47:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cut it custom by Harko FC2dWag  (Read 78977 times)
HARKO
« on: May 12, 2003, 10:38:08 AM »

Im expecting this topic to start off a little contriversial based on the fact that I will be reshaping this rarer style of Van , So all comments are welcome.

This picture is as done in the last 3 plans, It is what I am working towards as a goal.
I have Ute doors to give the curve at the rear of the window frame
A second turret will allow me to have only one weld down the centre once its been spread.
and to keep the cuved side glass I may recess it into the roof when the height has been removed (1.5inches) Wink
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 10:38:51 AM by HARKO » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 10:49:39 AM »

A pic of the body at absolute starting point.
In my eyes I have just saved this car as the wrecking yard are just starting to send some of thier stock to the crushers.
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 10:52:50 AM »

Harko
you need to put a pic of the original in so ppl can see the difference.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 10:26:13 PM »

Harko,

If you're going to save it, you may as well modify it to how you like it.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 12:51:06 AM »

No controversy as far as I'm concerned - it's your van, you do what you want with it!  But until the second picture looks a little like the first one, I'm inclined to think this thread belongs in the 'Unreal Cars' area.  What do you think, Harko?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
craiga
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2003, 09:11:44 AM »

Harko,

The restored bit has already been done. Party on dude!!!!

Cheers,

Craig.
craiga
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2003, 09:48:24 AM »

Harko,

Here's another one.

Cheers,

Craig
craiga
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2003, 10:11:06 AM »

Come on Harko, get to work!!
HARKO
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 10:16:43 AM »

Your riight ret this is probably closer to the mark straight up.
fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2003, 01:06:20 PM »

Harko, are you a whiz with doing the photoshop cars or what?  No more imagining what it will look like, you know straight out.  Sweet

miikael
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 05:14:55 AM »

Harko I love the last van the flames are just the touch need to finish the job.

I feel inspired lol Wink

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 01:10:01 AM »

I do hope you're going to keep those roof racks when you do finish it.  What a style statement they make!

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 09:13:57 AM »

Hi all,
       A mate of mine cut the "A pillers out of one of my sedans i was wrecking to make his custom two door wagon.
Craig are they my FranCines wheels Wink.
cheers BRAD

1959 Black Std sedan
HARKO
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 10:24:11 AM »

I appreciate your thoughts all,I had this planned out both in my head and on the computer before I bought the wagon (1st one) in fact that was the reason for buying it but I didnt tell the wife that.
Now I have persisted and turned up a great starting point and I will achieve this in due time.
I have so far got the wheels Dragway dragalites (I think francine had ROH from memory)
V6 ,Transmission adaptor kit and rails.
All excelent stainless trims and B-Bars (Thinking about using FE special trim)
HR front ,commodore calipers.
Replacement floor sections.
And more - Everything but the time and space at the moment ,But I will keep updating once I hit it ,
"Shouldnt take that long when I get into it."
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 10:14:09 AM »

Hey Harko.
That is a noble endevour you have there. I had thought to do the same thing a few years ago. I got as far as buying the FC van for the project, but time, money and garage space got the better of me. Eventually I had to move house, and the van had to move on. My van now belongs to someone else in the club, as I had no space for it and I did not want to see it cut up. Here are a few pics of her.

Here is the design I drew up for inspiration. Featured extended doors, angled and bigger B pillar, tailgate leaned forward, with a slight roof chop.

If you want to throw around ideas on this type of project, I'd be happy to discuss my thoughts. Good luck with your project, hope you see it to completion, unlike mine.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 10:25:20 AM by custom_fc » Logged

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2003, 11:37:50 AM »

Hey Harko,
IMHO there is just a tad too much unbroken window (pun intended) in some of those "adjustments". Makes it look a little like a hearse, here's a concept from the owner of Carafano Motor Trimmers. I understand the project is well underway with his sights set on Summernats Grand Champ.

If you don't know Carmine Carafano, he has worked on many top show cars, Howard Astill's Race Rock, Fat57 etc and has a beautiful Statesman that has won trophies all over the country for years.

HARKO
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2003, 11:53:36 AM »

It looks like I picked your brains Alex ,theres 2 more at flynns if you wanna have another crack at it,

The strips on the tailgate I planned to swage roll in rather than chrome or stainless strips and thats about the only difference
The side glass I thought would butt together like a split screen Rod and the curve on the door frame as I mentioned will be with the ute doors.
Where did you get your inspiration from ?
I got mine from a rendering in Street Machine that looks unreal as they do but is almost totaly unachievable ,When looking in detail it has an extended guard with the front leaned  forward ,the wheel arch is reshaped, The chop lower to the front  with curved side glass (top to bottom)
The roof has been sectioned,The rear guard eccentuated,Tail lights reversed and hey wooden roof racks I dont think so !!
 lots of things out of standard proportions

Stinky I hope to see it soon ,Looks amazing and like a hell of a lot of work and/or $$$$, Extended front sheetmetal IMHO this would be a gigantic task - the bonnet tapers to the front imagine trying to change that angle of taper !
And those rear wheel arches are stretched hugely ,the inner arch will protrude above the window sill.
I love it and hope to be developing rolls of film on this ride when it appears but also I hope it can be achieved
« Last Edit: May 18, 2003, 12:19:28 PM by HARKO » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2003, 12:02:47 PM »

I think this is turning towards my flavour a little more but hey I cant even get to this project for a good 4 months so RET maybe you should move this thread to the unreal cars section untill I get started.,What do you think ?
son of a restorer

Old Holdens dont Die, They just go faster!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2003, 08:41:39 PM »

couldnt resist

visulise

in the end it waqs basicly a different car, lol

Old Holdens dont Die, They just go faster!

robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2003, 09:47:37 PM »

harko  hows this project progressing
must be time for an update
                             trev

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print