FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 20, 2024, 03:52:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: BRAND NEW 13" SIMMONS WHEELS ANY INTEREST ???  (Read 8931 times)
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »

Hi Guys... It's been a few months since i've been on here...I haven't forgot about this great Forum and the great people on here....

I've been busy trying to source and negoitate the probability of supplying 13" simmons wheels to all Old Holden stud pattern owners...which with great joy includes all FE/FC owners like us.....

The Good news is it looks like i've found contacts that can make this happen

what a great opportunity to have ( what i believe to be ) the best old skool/ early modern set of mags out there...and BRAND NEW !!!

SIMMONS WHEELS just says it all !!!

NO NEED TO FLARE OUT GAURDS or ANY MAJOR CHANGES TO SUIT THESE SETS OF SIMMONS WHEELS....WHACK ON a set of 13"x 205's and you're on your way

A great set of BRAND NEW 13" alloy Simmons looks like they will be available very soon

so please let me know if your keen for a set so i can bring numbers to the table to get the ball rolling and prices made up on a volume discount

I'm very excited and happy to get to a point where a pair of Simmons can be made for our/my Old Holden stud patterns in 13"

i've been looking for a long time both online and out there for these and never found them ( second hand or brand new ) at all...but after a lot of calling, meetings and now confirmation, these can be available very soon

so leave your comments and let's see what I can do

"Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" Smiley Smiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »

No Interest ? im surprised, but the forum has spoken ( not  Wink  )  ... i just thought it would be great to share this with other forum members, as mags at the best of time a hard to get. New 13" mags are virtually impossible...it seems the only ones available are old mags recycled around since the 70's - 80's.

so i guess it's only 1 set for me in the future   Grin

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »

Good on ya FE4ME ,this is exactly what FORUMS are all about,i have noticed VPW in MELB now supply a ConvoPro lookalike with fe/hk stud pattern, Gaz! Grin
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 12:17:45 PM »

cheers GAZ..thankx for your reply...these are the REAL DEAL  13" HOLDEN STUD PATTERN SIMMONS WHEELS

i was shocked after searching and doing some ringing and door knocking around i sourced these..there still will be a bit of mucking around to pull it all together..but it can be done.......

i think SIMMONS WHEELS on a non-standard FE/FC ( or any other old Holden ) look the best, dragways and centrelins look kool but SIMMONS are my pick everytime

I was hoping for a lot of interest to bring the price down for all of us

cheers GAZ

FE 4 ME

Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 01:35:06 PM »

Hey well done FE !! Not sure what they look like ... Any pics ?? Cheers .

When I was a young man I spent most of my money on cars , beer and women (in that order) ... the rest ... I just wasted !

Port Macquarie NSW
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »

Hi Dave,

Thankx for your interest.... im keen to source both the B45's and the V5's ( old skool ) similar ones to the below ebay links ( just a quick link to give you an idea..i can save some pics on this thread if you wish later on )

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Simmons-15-x-7-B45s-suit-Commodore-/170783077148?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c376f31c

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Simmons-V5-15x10-15x7-/320848806987?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab414444b

i hope that gives you a better idea......

FE 4 ME

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »

bump... i cant believe it's been over a year since i posted this thread... there's a FC V8 ute on ebay with the same simmons B45's i had in mind.....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FC-Holden-Ute-/321082014307?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4ac1faba63

they look great

i think i can get them in 13's or 14's ( mayber larger but than there has to be body work done to make them fit ) but if we can get them to make 1 size it will be much cheaper on the sale price

FE 4 ME

NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 05:02:45 PM »

Simmons folded.....
Mine are 15's

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »

i like em, how much did they set you back ? were they hard to find Huh any body work needed for the 15's to fit ?

niccceeee

FE 4 ME

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »

Mine are 16S and fit

Will need narrowing to dump on its guts in the rear anyway.

I reckon theres more call for repro ROH style 13x7 steelies

NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »

i like em, how much did they set you back ? were they hard to find Huh any body work needed for the 15's to fit ?

niccceeee

FE 4 ME
Second hand fully reconditioned with new tyres cost me 1g. I looked for about 6months for them and had to drive to Sydney. They were off a VK commy of all things  Huh
Looks like they may scrape the top wishbone and I may have to push in the inner rear wheel well. They are Commodore stud pattern (off te VK) and 8" wide.... I have pursuit rims for the engineer... for now

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 10:21:21 AM »

oopppss  i got the model number ( style ) wrong that i was wanting to have on my FE.... they're the V4 series

here are the centres on the ebay link below :-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Simmons-Wheel-/261176272627?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ccf51a6f3

i think these would look like on a FE/FC

the b45's are the star like patern, a bit too much of a modern look for these old skool classics, the V4's are a bit more of a classic look in my opinion... the B45 style look great on a commodore or remember the Cordia Turbo Huh  white on white just look the part

V4's for me   Grin

FE 4 ME

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »

correction V5's

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Simmons-V5-15-x-8-9-Gold-suit-LH-LX-Torana-SLR-SS-w-flares-1-set-4-only-/230862773849?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c07e5e59

FE 4 ME

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: