FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:25:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Brake Light switch wiring.  (Read 3591 times)
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »

Howdy all.
I'm trying to work out my wiring.
There are two black wires coming out of the brake light swith.
Could somebody please tell where they connect to.
In the Station sedan the wiring in the manual says that the brake light bake up colour is light green.... but mine is yellow.
Would this be a PM or a variation.
Regards
Not Happy Jan
(Her not me)

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »

There are a couple of connectors in the vicinity. One is a double and has 2 orange wires in it and the other has a white wire. The white wire goes into the column, the orange wires will be taped in the loom.  These 2 connectors are where the brake light switch is attached.

Ken
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Model: FC

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 08:16:55 AM »

Hi Ken
There is one white wire coming out of the steering column and then there is a Orange (?) wire and a black wire both of which come from the rear stop lamps.

The wiring diagram shows one of the leads serving the dome light and in the dash instrument light??
Both show double connectors but nothing seems to fit except one direct feed from the black wire to the light switch ( I think )
On the wiring diagram there is also a back up light switch??? What is that?
Regards
Nick??

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 09:44:33 PM »

The orange is the power wire - there are 2 of them taped together, one powers the brake lights, the other powers the roof light. One side of the stop light switch goes in here.
The black wire is the tail light wire.
The stop lamps run through the indicator wires, ie the pink and purple wires, but after the power goes into the column and through the switch.

UNLESS you have a late FC with separate orange indicators at the rear. Then the stop light switch goes to the wire which runs to the same rear globe with the black wire in it. Does this make sense? It's much easier just pointing to a wire and saying "this one" Grin

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: