FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:59:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EffCee's project  (Read 78054 times)
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:15:47 PM »

OMG...I can't believe it! After 12 months 1 day and about 3 hours we finally have something happening on this bloody FC. Thanks mainly to the arrival of Keith's eldest son Peter from Queensland, to lend a hand, and some much needed motivation from NosFEratu, and a little bit of ribbing from the other well known members of the forum. Wink  As some of you will know I only joined the forum to be able to give an HONEST update on Effcee's FC.... it's sat untouched in the same spot for 12 months 1 day and 3 hours (oh did I mention that already).. thus the reason I haven't been on the forum for the last 12 months 1 day and 3 hours (oh sorry).  Wink
Anyway.. very very very pleased to now be able to announce we have progress and I finally feel that we just might be able to make it to Orange (in the FC) come April.   Grin. I have attached some photo's taken on Sunday night and although it still looks like a long way to go, now that he has started I have endeavoured to clear his schedule, allocate some funds, and stop making lists for him so that he may continue making progress and hopefully get us to Orange. And if the FC isn't ready I've told him we're taking my FORD... if that's not enough motivation I don't know what is!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I look forward to providing more updates in the near future.

(He tells me I nearly need another update now... but I can't see much difference from the photo's above yet)   Smiley Smiley Smiley
Mrs EffCee
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:04:16 PM by customFC » Logged
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 08:48:21 PM »

Thanks for the update Mrs EffCee, so how much is he chopping the roof?  Grin

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:23:18 PM »

Thanks for the update Mrs EffCee, so how much is he chopping the roof?  Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  my thoughts exactly!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Keep cracking that whip on him Sandra - now you've got him started don't let him stop!  Cheesy  Just let me know if he needs a good smack around the head at any time and I'll see what I can do for you!  Wink

Oh and nice to see you've made a public declaration that you'll try to stop making lists for him!  Grin Please note that you will now be held accountable to that!  Grin

Kathi

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:25:46 AM »

I think it's really sad that you have hindered him for so long  Grin

I am sure Keith was dying to get going but you kept giving him other stuff to do...  Wink

You do know he has a special meeting up north in about 5 or 6 weeks  Roll Eyes and he is to be forgiven for that.

Apart from that, he should be aiming for Christmas - that way it'll be ready for April !!  Cheesy

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
mrs EffCees mum

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »

Well well what a difference in just 2 weeks.

When I was at Keith and Sandys house while he was OS (by the way that's overseas, not obviously stupid). I struggled to get into the garage for all the junk that was in, around and on the fc body.

Now you can actually see the car and the floor!!! Shocked

And Keith, nice to see your priorities are in order, the new curtain pelmets put up 'before' starting on the car.  Smiley

I haven't seen any pics of my new magic carpet yet though Huh

Love to all, and I will just pull my head in again for another 12 months.

Mrs EffCees Mum
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 09:14:16 PM »

Keith,
Will you be bringing Mrs EffCees Mum to Orange, too??
She sounds pretty cool
(probably about my vintage; might be able to do a line with her  Grin)

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 02:24:06 PM »

Mrs. effCee, good to see you are Mrs effCee's mum are finally getting Keith motivated, the hints on motivation Kathi sent will help Wink(wish i could get my missus to want me to go to the shed).

Just one other hint though,

Oh and nice to see you've made a public declaration that you'll try to stop making lists for him!   Please note that you will now be held accountable to that!

Be carefull what you say in public because Kathi has a really, really good memory Grin Grin Grin

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »

Which has been known to fail me at times too!  Cheesy

I think now that Keith has started he'll be pretty motorvated (engine-vated?) to keep going.

I think there's gonna be a lotta work happening on a lotta FEs and FCs across Australia in the next 11 months.  Somehow I think the forum will get a bashing in the updates stakes!

Best of luck to Keith and all others trying to get a car ready for Nationals - keep posting your progress for us all.  Cheesy

Kathi

NosFEratu
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »

Keith,
Will you be bringing Mrs EffCees Mum to Orange, too??
She sounds pretty cool
(probably about my vintage; might be able to do a line with her  Grin)

Mrs EffCee's Mum will not be coming to Orange to the best of my knowledge. Which is probably a great pity as Mrs EffCees Mum has a penchant for FC's. After all Mrs EffCee (Sandy) was conceived in the back of one. (Much to Sandy's embarassment)

Who knows what might have been Jack.... ( I am pretty sure those days are long gone)
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:22:14 PM »

ahhhhh.... that last post was obviously put on by EffCee (who forgot to log me out)

and good on you honey for bringing that up AGAIN!! That unuseful bit of "too much information" has already been round the forum once, don't really need to remind people, do we??  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
mrs EffCees mum

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »

Nice shade of pink you are wearing Sandy  Embarrassed

Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »

oi mum, I think we should ban you from this forum, every time you pop in to say hello we seem to inevitably end up on the subject of where I came from  Shocked  Undecided
mrs EffCees mum

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 09:28:15 PM »

Now now Sandy, it's Mothers Day on Sunday you and that son in law have to be nice to me Grin

Oh and where do you young whippersnappers get of thinking your parents are 'past it'? Huh

Got your parcel today, love the card from the Prince and Princess - and no I haven't opened the present.

Love you

Mum
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »

Now, getting back on track.... Keith and his son Peter, have been very busy boys over the last few days and making the most of time before Keith goes back to work, and Pete back to QLD on Monday. We now have almost all the body panels of the shell in bare metal AND the rotisserie is just about finished too. Tomorrow there are plans to swap front and rear ends over with his spare FC currently resting at a mates house. (I won't be going over with him though, so hopefully he won't get side tracked and be gone too long), don't worry Kathi, I'll put him on a time limit.  Grin

As he has been out in the shed ALL week. I have given him the day off on Sunday (so he can spoil me, make me breakfast in bed, and just generally pamper me)  Grin Grin.... but I'll make sure he gets back out in that shed asap after Sunday.

Keep an eye open for updated photo's on Monday night.

cheers to all
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 03:34:09 PM »

Tongue

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 12:31:28 PM »

LOL Grin Grin Grin.
                Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »

Its Monday     wheres the pichers??   Huh

Wink Wink Wink

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »

gee you guys are unrelenting!!! Not long got home from work. Have taken some pics. He has all the junk back in the car cause he is under strick instructions to clean up enough each day that I can at least get my car back in the garage for the night, but nonetheless you can still see the progress. Will upload them as soon as I have fed the kids, dog, cat etc. Gotta get my priorties right  Grin Grin Grin
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »

FC pretty much all bare metal

Rotisserie nearly finished

Another shot of progress

hole in floor?? I'm thinking "Flintstones, meet the Flintstones" (Keith says rust cut out..... just looks like a hole to me)  Grin Grin

So he really did bust his backside all last week, with a LOT of help from son Pete. Saturday they spent the day toing and froing between our house and his mates ripping front ends and bits and pieces out from one car and bringing back here for this car (now that sounds confusing... I told him when he bought the FC he was only allowed one project at a time, absolutely no two cars going at the same time!!... do ya think he'd listen.... story of my married life)  Cheesy Cheesy.  I think he probably got a little side tracked along the way cause I don't think he got as much done on Saturday as he could have if I was supervising properly!

But over all I have seen an amazing transformation in the last week and I'm very proud of him.  Roll Eyes His progress has inspired me to keep nagging him Grin (to work on the car that is). Progress may slow down a little as his back at work now but I will endeavour to try and give him as much "free time" as possible when he is home. Wink

Hopefully some more update pics in the not too distant future (don't want it to be another 12 months before I get to chat to you all.. Undecided   Grin Grin

All the best to everyone

Mrs EffCee

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01:26 AM »

Further to Mrs EffCees update. Peter and I spent most of last week removing the paint from the panels. The rotisserie was made so that we could get into the underneath and strip that back to bare metal also. I hope to finish the rotisserie this week. The rust was cut out by the previous owner, and before the new floor section goes in I have to put in a transmission tunnel that has been cut from an EK auto.

Before Peter went back to Queensland i decided that I would be better to have the front and rear end removed from the other FC that I have stored at Scott's house. This FC was originally bought for the parts but will be restored ata later date. The HR disc brake front end and HR rear end was removed (big thankyou to Scott) and the FC front and rear end fitted so that the car could be moved in and out of Scott's garage as required.

FC 225-40072 S

Front end out

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: