FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 01:00:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Injected V8 FC  (Read 249104 times)
ofc304

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »

can you tell me the size & thickness of the rhs used for the chassis welded on? very nice job  Glenn
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 09:39:12 AM »

Glenn,
The tube size is 70mm x 25mm x 3mm.
Regards brett
maybeonedayillgetanFC

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »

Brett,
Being new to this forum, but not new at modifications as such, I would like to congratulate you for firstly your ideas, secondly your workmanship, and most importantly, your commitment to the project, as well as your professionalism in answering posts and helping others.
As we all know the hurdles that we encount with such a build, can easily lead us to scrap such a project, and you like myself have first handedly encountered them with so called professionals,such(without mentioning names)as 3 brothers in Thomastown!!
The torana front end is what makes the car "right" in such a conversion, I believe so anyway, especially after driving my friends EH with SBC, its just far superior than a HR one that has been cut to clear oilpan,and that car also retains the original floor pan/trans tunnel it in.
Keep up the great work mate..
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 05:02:59 PM »

maybeonedayillgetanfc,
Thanks for the kind words. Whilst i aim to build a car that i believe will look and handle better than the run of the mill early models that are out there ( no ridicule intended to anyone) i dont believe in keeping mods like these hidden as we all know the front and rear end conversions in many of these cars are not up to the later model conversions such as mine and therefore if my stories and pictures can help out the next person, why not help these people. After all not all of us know where to start but it helps if there are people out there willing to share their secrets. This also helps people to keep clear of the so called "experts" that are out there doing shoddy work that you spoke of that we both know.
Regards Brett
ofc304

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2008, 07:58:13 PM »

thanks for the info on sizes Brett is all the bracing Chassis the same size ?? I aim to do mine similar to that 304 t 700 hr front & front mount torana rack regards Glenn.
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »

ofc304,
Yes i think all were the same size. If you go back to page one and look at the pics you will see if any are different.
Regards brett
stubbie65

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2008, 12:26:53 AM »

gday brett , dont know if you got my pm. but id like to get in contact with you about the trorana front end mods you did as im going to put a tori front end into my ek ute and would like to know any measurements ,like how much you chopped out of the crossmember to re fit the origonal mounting plates and if you dont mind even the chassis info would be great . cheers stubby 
njf690

heya

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »

brett
what supension did you run in the rear to suit the vs diff?
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »

NJF690,
Have a look at the early pics it will show you with the vehicle on the rotisserie. These are  QA1 coil over HAL shockers.The diff was set up to run the original commodore trailing arms
Regards Brett
v8ek4us

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 10:51:38 PM »

Very nice setup Brett. How long before she is on the road, can't be too far off now? Smiley
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 06:28:09 PM »

V8ek4us,
Thanks mate.
You know the onl;y thing that has held me up for the last few weeks was a small object. The wiper switch. As you may know i fitted a VS wiper motor. I wanted to use the fb/ek two speed wiper switch. It has given me a headache trying to get it to run two speeds and park the wipers. Well of all the large things i have done on the vehicle this small thing has created the most headache. But i think i have finally solved this problem. I know i can use use switch using multiple relays but i wanted the wirng simple. I should know shortly if i have overcome this headache and can continue on with the rebuild. I cannot start to paint the dash without completing the wiring first.Keep posted and i will surely show the modified switch if it works.
Regards Brett
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 04:31:07 PM »

"You know the onl;y thing that has held me up for the last few weeks was a small object."
What about some certain people who helped supply a certain front bumper at the Ballarat swap meet?  Cheesy Wink Only jokin,  Tongue.
Was great to meet you Brett & have a chat about ya project, I hope ya have smoother sailin with the old girl from now on. I am still SUPER interested in seeing some new progress pics of it, when ya got the time.
All the best,
Moon  Wink.
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 08:59:30 AM »

Thanks moon. You were all a good lot of blokes. Got all the time in the world for genuine people. By the way it was a rear bar.
Regards brett
v8ek4us

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »

Hey Brett,
How is that Beast of an FC going? must be time for an update.... Grin

Here is a pic of the rearend of my EK if your interested:

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2009, 12:06:18 PM »

v8ek4us,
Looking good mate. Love the size of the wheels. Would have done the same if my engineer had allowed me but i'm happy with what i have got. Keep up the good work.
regards brett
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

Hi Brett, just wanted to ask ya what stubs are you running on the lh front end? Are they standard or did ya swap'em off something else?
Also wanted to know, when are we gunna see some more update pics of that sweet ride of yours? Huh
Cheers,
Moon.
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2009, 03:34:53 PM »

Moon,
The stubs are standard torana however i have VE commodore discs and calipers fitted. This is by way of a specialy designed hub that also brings the wheel in approximately 10-13 mm. Only problem with running this set up you need large diameter wheels.I have finally worked out the wipers (this week) and will now finish the wiring under the dash and this will allow me to continue with the build. Hope to have some more photo's very soon. Keep an eye on this site.
Regards Brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2009, 07:57:08 PM »

Well,
I know its been awhile but i got stuck on the wiper setup. I have attached photo's which i hope will help people with this conversion.I know i said the wiper used was from a VS model commodore but lookiing through my papers it is actually from a VN model. I believe these are the same anyway.Also there are some new photo's of my new radiator setup. This new radiator was supplied by Aussie desert coolers who supplied me with the original radiator which continued to leak (three times) and they could not fix (or pressure test?). Make your own mind up about them. Hopefully more pics will be forth coming now the wipers are working.
regards Brett

maybeonedayillgetanFC

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

Brett,

Looks great, the wiper set up is very clever and radiator looks good also, love the build mate.

Also a quick thank you for taking the time to speak with me the other day in regards to your build, appreciated greatly, your a gentleman, and we are a dying breed

Frank
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2009, 10:20:33 PM »

Does the switch come from Bursons or the like?  Looks like a very neat set up - well done Brett on finally solving a tricky problem

Ken
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: