FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:17:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NosFEratu  (Read 291484 times)
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2009, 10:27:40 AM »

hmmmmm, yummy  Cool

much tastier than humble pie  Wink

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »

Kathi, John,

this build is looking very nice...

I like it alot.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2009, 04:37:40 PM »

Latest update - remember I mentioned a custom made oil adapter? Well, we have one now - John worked out that a -8 AN bulkhead fitting had 3/4 UNF threads which was perfect for what we needed.  All he did was pull it out of the spare parts bin and screw it into the block! Next piece of the puzzle was to find a filter to fit the required boss and seal size - we are now using a Z68 Toyota Corolla Oil Filter! Thank god for the Ryco site!  Grin

Still won't make it to Bright but it's progressing.  The current plan is to now fire it up mid week but until then here's a couple of quick shots before it goes in the car.

But first we'll show you what it used to look like!

Not any more!  Grin Grin Grin

Beautiful, very much how i envisioned my Buick V6 will look once done.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2009, 08:48:49 AM »

Thanks

Kathi is after a traditional look and the parts selection has been critical in achieving this.  Funny thing is we were looking for a Buick V6 to start with but couldnt find a suitable one and then stumble across the Chev V6.

The good part about this set up is that it is exactly the same engine placement required for Chev V8 with  rear mounted rack so I have learnt a lot in the process. 

Anyway I better get back in the garage so we can finish it.

John

NosFEratu
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2009, 03:53:32 PM »

Kathi & John, don't know if you have seen this site....might have some useful info.

http://www.marineandstreetmotorsport.com/marineandstreet/?cat=1

Dean.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »

Dean

Thanks.  This is the place where we bought the engine a couple of years ago.  He has another site called six banger doing similar things.

regards

John

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »

Yeah I know - been super slack in the updates stakes.  Fired up no dramas a couple of weeks ago but had a hold up on the bearing a mate was machining up for the column so we're just now in the process of painting it before fitting it all back in and, hopefully, it'll be fully steerable soon.  Here's a few happy snaps to keep some punters off my back!  Cheesy

See Jack - there's not quite enough room for a Jason Recliner with the foot rest fully extended in front of the motor anymore!  Roll Eyes Grin

Gear change for the T700.

And a taste of trim to come!  Grin

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »

Great work a credit to you both  but that imitation dead animal gracing the interior Hmmmm  Undecided Undecided Undecided........FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »

Thanks Mark and, ah, no aerial for dead vermin so the alternative is .........  Grin Grin

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2010, 06:07:26 PM »

Great work a credit to you both  but that imitation dead animal gracing the interior Hmmmm  Undecided Undecided Undecided........FC427.......

yeah, but note that the van has no aerial...

the dead animal just had to get a run somewhere

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »

shit; 1 minute and 4 seconds too late!

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2010, 11:09:30 PM »

Who is standing in a workshop in thongs eh? tsk tsk.... OH&S where areyou?? lol...

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2010, 11:28:21 PM »

Management has duly noted that their main worker was not wearing his official samurai safety shoes today.  Said worker requested permission not to wear his socks with his thongs today because of the heat and the nature of the work required to be performed which included prepping the steering column for paint, painting said steering column and identifying placings of PRND321.  His assistant (and OHS&W rep) followed suit with their footwear due to their work schedule comprising the removal of old door rubber adhesive and the cleaning and conditioning of door rubbers ready for re-gluing. Management would also like to advise that at the time of the photo it was an official work break and, as such, any risk of injury was minimal. I trust this will satisfy any questions the OHS&W auditor may have.  Smiley

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2010, 12:15:59 AM »

Noted - and just remember that we don't miss much!!  Wink

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2010, 12:38:20 AM »

I must have been busy when the pics were posted of your progress on the van, credit to you both, it looks great
Cheers, Gary
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »

Kathi and John,

Pure bloody brilliance, looks like it isn't too far off taking it for a lap around the block Grin

steering column, brakes sort the wiring and fit the dash, drop the bonnet on and away you go Grin Grin

Well done guys, in all honesty, as Zulu has said, it looks great and is a credit to both of you.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2010, 08:29:20 AM »

I need more pictures and information on your steering column conversion im about to start mine on monday as my lokar cable linkage kit has arrived at the motor trimmers
regards fatboy

fatboy
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2010, 09:20:50 AM »

Management has duly noted that their main worker was not wearing his official samurai safety shoes today.  Said worker requested permission not to wear his socks with his thongs today because of the heat and the nature of the work required to be performed which included prepping the steering column for paint, painting said steering column and identifying placings of PRND321.  His assistant (and OHS&W rep) followed suit with their footwear due to their work schedule comprising the removal of old door rubber adhesive and the cleaning and conditioning of door rubbers ready for re-gluing. Management would also like to advise that at the time of the photo it was an official work break and, as such, any risk of injury was minimal. I trust this will satisfy any questions the OHS&W auditor may have.  Smiley

geez, Kathi...  you've mislead and deceived us for a long time, but we're on to you now.

come on; own up - in the real world you're a bloody politician, aren't you?!!

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2010, 09:34:28 AM »

Jack have to agree with you looks like a hole lot of nothing wrapped up to look like a policy ready to feed to the unsuspecting general public as a new law   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2010, 09:42:34 AM »

Thanks for your comments guys, they're appreciated.  Paul, management will ensure that worker's safety is foremost at all times!  Cheesy And Mark and Jack, I'm not sure whether I should be offended or proud of your comments! Wink

Fatboy - we took the most difficult route in having rear mounted rack & pinion and the 4 speed auto and the change mechanism needed to be pulled into the cabin.  So a conversion that doesn't need this would be a lot easier. We started off with an EK auto column because we wanted to retain an old style/factory look to the cabin (yeah yeah we know about the zebra trim!  Cheesy).  The centre of the original detent plate was replaced with a plain piece of steel which was filed with new detents to suit a T700. The lever which bolts to the gear change tube was cut and shut to provide the right ratio to the lever used on the T700. The indicator plate has had all markings removed and new markings will be put on there to show PRND321. Watch out for yankee column kits as they cater for LHD configuration and therefore the lever and/or bracket on the trans will need to be modified. The column itself has been cut into 4 sections and shortened some 6 inches to get the automatic change inside the cabin.  The overall column is 2" shorter than a standard FE column but this is a personal choice - we're also running an FE steering wheel to maintain an original look. We used a 57 Chev neutral switch. Best way to set it all up is to have the column in the vice and the trans on the floor next to it. It's not hard to do - just requires a few hours. Now it's finished it looks almost original but sadly disguises the thought and time behind it! Hope this helps.  Smiley 

NosFEratu
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: